Director of Sales
Full-time | Boston, MA
Flexxbotics is building a new class of manufacturing software and hardware that will transform how engineers and production workers interact with and integrate industrial collaborative robots and hardware to perform their jobs. Our team is tasked with developing and delivering a flexible and customizable software and hardware solution that connects to industrial robots, sensors, machines, and controls, while providing the infrastructure for factory wide data monitoring and process control capabilities.
We are looking for a commercial leader with automation and manufacturing experience to assist with the selling of complex scientific and technological products or services alongside the founders. The Director of Sales responsibilities include maintaining extensive knowledge of the products’ parts, functions, and processes and assisting to close sales. Your duties will also include motivating our sales team, designing strategic sales plans, and assessing costs and competition.
To be successful as our Director of Sales, you should possess an in-depth knowledge of our company’s technical products and services and you should be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical customers. You should be driven to achieve your sales goals and should have excellent sales and customer service skills. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional negotiation and leadership skills.
- Design and implement strategic plans to reach sales targets.
- Develop and promote monthly and quarterly sales objectives.
- Preparing and developing technical presentations to explain our company’s products or services to customers.
- Discussing equipment needs and system requirements with customers and engineers.
- Coordinating with sales team members to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Following up after initial contact, securing and renewing orders, negotiating prices and completing sales.
- Soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues as well as possible solutions to the development team..
- Training sales team on the sales process and technical aspects of the company’s products/services.
- Actively participate in the customer discovery process
- Participate in assisting of branding and corporate identity initiatives
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years experience in sales or equivalent role.
- In-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices.
- Deep CRM experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Experience in sales and the technology field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and leadership skills.
- Experience with robotics
- Experience with enterprise software for manufacturing, product, or equivalent.
- Experience with Hubspot
- Full-Time role.
- Combination of cash and equity compensation.
Complete the form below to apply and we will get back to you shortly!
12 Channel St, Boston, MA 02110